Powered By Blogger

Diploma in Professional Curtain Making and Soft Furnishing




Boy oh boy!!! Haha...I have enrolled myself in a course to make curtains and cushion covers!!!! Haha...I have been thinking about going back to studying and was looking for things to study or new skills to learn. On the short list were Accounting, silversmithing, interior design, marketing and curtain making. It took me a week to decide on curtain making.

Why? Well, I've always wanted to sew curtains for some reason. Hehe...I mean I've made dresses, cushion covers, even a coat...but I have never had any excuse to make curtains. The way I see it...it isn't hard to sew curtains per se.... The hard bit is calculating how much fabric you need. That is beyond me I think.

But why go for a course when these days, you can DIY everything under the sun? Ahhhh...to me, the challenge is to make DIY look professional. Although handmade is in at the moment, it wouldn't hurt to have something you've made look professional.

We'll see. I'll keep you updated! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so proud of you doll! Going through a professional course no matter in what is definitely a right step. Its not about your skills - anyone can download a youtube video and learn in their own time, but with a teacher you learn it the right way plus a certificate gives you a sense of accomplishment like no other. Look forward to your progress and wish you best of luck. :)

BeaLee said...

Thanx. This is a home course though and my tutor is not very helpful. But yes, am looking forward to getting the certificate and can't wait till the last module to learn how to make my fav kind of curtains!!

Post a Comment