Powered By Blogger

Romeo x Juliet Anime


I love Romeo and Juliet. I love reading the play and watching the 1968 movie version of the play. I thought the 1968 version captured the mood of the play really well...but now I have changed my mind. I recently found this Japanese anime version of Romeo and Juliet and this is now my favourite. I watched it and sat through episodes of it that left me in tears and I am not one to admit I cry at movies. I haven't been this moved by a movie since Ciy of Angels and Titanic and I have watched both many many times and have not yet managed to stop crying whenever I watch either of these 2 movies. If you have time, watch it if you can stand japanese anime. you won't be wasting your time watching this. This is an interesting and different translation of the classic Romeo and Juliet story but it sticks to the theme of the tragic love story very very well. It is also quite funny when names from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet comes up in different chracters and ways...hehe... I still can't believe I am this moved and this touched by a Japanese anime!!! Watch it if you will- Romeo X Juliet. Oh! turn off the silly chat  box though. You get some pretty silly chat going on and it's annoying and distracting!

1 comments:

PengPeng彬彬 said...

oh coool !!!!! am gonna watch it tomorrow on me off day !!! yay thanks for the link.

xx

Post a Comment