It's when a person is 'intensely in love with self', has an '
Isn't this just interesting? Hehe so interesting in fact that I had a teeny moment of panic when I read the characteristic of this personality disorder!!! Here's why... According to the website, these are the traits...
Narcissistic Behavior Traits or Characteristics A person suffering from narcissistic personality disorder exhibits some specific behavior traits or patterns.
- Narcissists are hypersensitive to insults, defeat, criticism, and often tend to react aggressively when faced with such situations.
- They are introverts, hence they don't make it obvious even if they are hurt.
- They are preoccupied with fantasies related to power, wealth, success and love.
- They feel that they are special and hence desire to be treated in a special way.
- They lack the ability to understand humane emotions. They don't try to understand other people's needs, feelings or viewpoints.
- Narcissists are self-centered and consider themselves to be superior to others.
- They are boastful and often indulge in exaggerating themselves and their achievements.
- They set unrealistic goals for themselves and don't hesitate in taking extreme measures to attain these goals.
- They like being constantly admired and crave to be the center of attraction always.
- They appear very arrogant in nature and sport an unnecessary attitude or ego most of the time.
- They are always envious about others but simultaneously think that other people are envious about them.
I don know about you guys... but I seem to have more of these traits that I like! hehe... in fact, I had to ask Rick if I was just plain vain or if it sounded like I had this narcissistic personality disorder... ... ... He said I was just VAIN...sigh!